Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Good Year : שנה טובה

One of the nice things about living in Israel is that Rosh Hashana - the Jewish New Year celebration for non-members of the tribe - actually feels like the beginning of a new year; so I want to take a moment to thank all of you who take the time to read this blog. Discovering this audience has been one of the thrills of my life and I deeply appreciate every one of you who bothers with my little rantings. When I began this blog, I never expected the size and passion of the response, not to mention the various job offers I've recieved. (Incidentally, the Jerusalem Post article I wrote all those eons ago is still waiting to be published due to the management shakeup they've been having. Hopefully it wont be much longer.) Through some strange confluence of events, and in no small part thanks to you, I have become a writer.

I especially want to express (yet again) my deep appreciation to all of you who expressed their sympathy and support to me in the weeks since the terrorist atrocity took place here. You were a very welcome and valued source of comfort and support in a very difficult moment. Thank you.

I will likely not be posting again until the coming Sunday, due to the holiday, so I want to wish all a very happy and safe new year, wherever you are.

שתהיה לכם שנה טובה ומתוקה
May you have a good and sweet new year
בנימין
Benjamin